Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DENY, CRY, AND CONTINUE TO LIE - THE MARK MCGWIRE STORY

DENY: March 17, 2005 Congressional Hearing, "I'm not here to talk about the past."

CRY: January 11, 2010, Maris' son Rich told the San Francisco Chronicle that McGwire was "pretty choked up" when he called Pat Maris.

CONTINUE TO LIE: McGwire told Bob Costas that "studying pitchers and making his swing shorter led to his increase in home runs and that he could have hit them without performance enhancing drugs." McGwire said, "I believe I was given this gift. The only reason I took steroids was for health purposes." "I did this for health purposes. There's no way I did this for any type of strength use."

"The names I don't remember, but I did injectables," McGwire told Costas. "I preferred the orals. The steroids I took were on a very low dosage." McGwire said that he didn't want to bulk up. "I took very low dosages because I wanted my body to feel normal," he said.

The lying continued with Tony La Russa who said "he didn't know McGwire had used steroids until the slugger admitted using performance-enhancing drugs in the phone call to the manager...."

To date, Mark McGwire has to be THE MOST DISAPPOINTING ATHLETE to be forced into admitting he used steroids and growth hormone. Mark, being a man means owning up to your mistakes with a complete and truthful apology!

Are your children using steroids? Look for these warning signs:


1. Large gains of muscle mass over a short period of time (20lbs. of muscle gained over a summer by a high school athlete is not to be expected by weight training alone).

2. Increased time spent in the gym and a preoccupation with training.

3. Dramatic changes in personality like moodiness, aggression, and hostility.

4. Growth of breast tissue in males (gynecomastia).

5. Increased acne, especially on the back, face, and chest.

6. Facial puffiness due to water retention

7. Needle marks in the buttocks.

8. Increase in blood pressure and heart rate.

For more information read: http://www.marylandsportsinjurycenter.com/ster.html

Also see http://www.taylorhooton.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment